Myself and a few other filmmakers are going to be starting a feature (hopefully) documentary come the fall. Although I’m still debating about weather or not shot 60i or 30p (from reading post on here, I’m leaning away from the 24p), I’m also debating aspect rations. I guess you could say I’m acting as DP on this project because I’ll be filming most of it and deciding the technique ends. The main goal for this project is to get it into a few bigger film fest. I suggested 16:9 since we were going to try to screen it at festival, also because i personally like the look. The director was originally thinking 4:3 but liked the idea of 16:9. I was just wondering if anyone on here has any input? Is one better then other another for sending to festivals? Is it all just personal opinion? I’m not to concerned about film transfers since I doubt it will make it that far, but for film transfers is it better?
Any input would be great.
Any input would be great.