1080/30p MXF files online?

With widespread 10Mbps cable connections nowadays downloading 2GB is a matter of 20 minutes. I just thought someone might have a few seconds up 10-20.. that should be around 100-200MB.
 
Eman99 said:
With widespread 10Mbps cable connections nowadays downloading 2GB is a matter of 20 minutes. I just thought someone might have a few seconds up 10-20.. that should be around 100-200MB.

I have fiber internet (fastweb - 10mbits up/down), and I'm gonna upgrade it next month (20mbits)

anyway I think that posting 1080p wmv or h264 files would be better (not for who's downloading, but for the poor man that's hosting those huge files)
 
vincent_price said:
I have fiber internet (fastweb - 10mbits up/down), and I'm gonna upgrade it next month (20mbits)

anyway I think that posting 1080p wmv or h264 files would be better (not for who's downloading, but for the poor man that's hosting those huge files)

the idea was just to figure out the workflow with the MXF in different editors. It kinda defeats the purpose to have an already encoded WMV file :)
 
Eman99:
Those are the only MXF files that there is around. The only info I can give you is that the file pizza720 is shot in 24p over 60p and that it works fine (no sound thought, cause this is only the MXF video file from the original P2 structure)

http://hvx200.moctel.com/Users/cre8tive/Sundance HVX MXF files/

I am very dissapointed that every other file I can get from HVX is heavily compressed for the web. I recently asked for dvx100b footage straight from the camera shot in squeeze mode.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=591508#post591508


I uderstand the bandwith problem but 2 seconds of video is all that we need really, cause most of us are trying compatibility-workflow issues. And a request for the mods: Make two sticky threads in DVX forums and in HVX forums that anyone can post links with native footage from the cameras (native=no web compression) or call them "original" if it sounds best.

Andreas

Edit: The link probably isn't working anymore, just found out. Sorry.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top