Recent content by Kjetil Haugen

  1. K

    Best book on cinematography

    Hi Anybody care to recommend a book on cinematography. One that is not just about the basics. Something with great lighting techniques for different looks etc. Havn't found a book on the subject where I'd really felt that I was getting gold... Thanks!
  2. K

    RED, REDCINE with low-end applications

    Evening!! I know people tend to frown when they here about After Effects in a professional workflow. It has that amateur connotation to it... But is there any room for AE 7 in the Red high quality workflow?? Would AE be equipt to handle let's say CC in 2k or higher for a feature film without...
  3. K

    A summary please

    Can anybody sum up what we've learned from Stump's tests so far. Good news, bad news. All I can tell is that the images look great and it's alot of fun playing around with them in photoshop... Maybe someone could explain what to look for in the charts. I'm sure I'm not the only one in need of...
  4. K

    The Wire look

    Hi Anybody know what kind of filters and lenses they use on "the wire" (HBO)?... or maybe somebody with experience can guess... I'm assuming they use some kind of filtering to get that soft look.. Someone help me out!
  5. K

    Comparison..

    Feel it would be nice to get a sense of perspective by comparing RED (a camera in develpment) and existing cameras that we already know. Personally I think the Panavision's Genesis has proven that digital can be a substitute for film, so I'd like to hear som tech-talk from you guys. What are...
  6. K

    Transfer data

    Never used a camera that isn't tape-based. So I'm curious... How do you get the footage from the onboard Red Drive to another hard drive while on set? I imagine that's the process. You shoot, transfer, delete the Red Drive and start over (probably have 2 red drives so when transfering the first...
  7. K

    Storage after Redcine

    Curious about the actual file size for the 4.5 k images once they have gone through the Redcine process.. I'm not really that familiar with this kind of high quality footage. If I understand correctly DPX and CINEON seem to be the choice of the industry... So after the content of a 1 hour hard...
  8. K

    Size of the gear

    I'm really curious about the full assembled masterpiece! Really cool to get a look of the actual size of the camera in the images Jarred posted. Seeing the red body next to a (i'm hoping) normal sized human head... Really puts thing in perspective. But what about the gear... I see there's a...
  9. K

    Question: Red overseas-interest

    Hi I've been following the Red development for several months now, constantly searching the net for every possible hint of information about this camera, including the topics here.. (very informative by the way). And you guys seem to have alot of inside info, but I'm not even sure if anybody is...
Back
Top