Recent content by bvsciguy

  1. B

    questions about small flash cameras

    hey guys, I'm looking at the Sanyo E1 and the Panasonic SDR-S10. I see that they encode the video in different formats, Panny in mpeg2, Sanyo in mpeg4/h.264. Which of these formats is better supported by editing software? Are any, or both, supported by Final Cut Express or iMovie, because it's...
  2. B

    i like the Panasonic SDR-S10P1

    Okay, first of all, I'm posting this here because I considered this sufficiently different from the topic of film-making to be "Off-Topic". If it's not, I'm sorry. Is there anyone who knows about this cam., or better yet, has some uncompressed footage? I've heard that the video quality is so-so...
  3. B

    No Audio with HD

    I just got a new video journalist job and they equipped me with a Canon HV20. The final product is going to be distributed on the internet so I don't know why they dropped the extra money on HD cams, but I digress. This is my first HD cam and I was really looking forward to seeing the HD quality...
  4. B

    goofin' off with a cell phone

    I made this in 2 days with a cell phone and Avid Free DV. Is there anything of value here? What do you think? Link: http://stage6.divx.com/user/bvsciguy/video/1321172/Fluorescent I don't have access to a "real" camera for a while now, so I am making do. Anyway, I had fun. I was also pleased...
  5. B

    Free DV, play streams exceeded

    Whenever I try to play a video in Free DV I get an error, Exception: Maximum play strings exceeded. See console for details. I cannot get to the console, I guess it's not available in Free DV, what is this, how do I fix this? Thanks, bvsciguy
  6. B

    buying used

    I'm currently browsing around the Mini DV camera market. Obviously I would like something along the lines of a Canon GL-2 or Pana. AG-DVX100,A,B or Sony Handycam DCR VX2100. Unfortuately, even on eBay, they are way out of my price range (preferably less than $800). Is there any prosumer camera...
  7. B

    USB external hard drive

    Will a LaCie 480Mbps USB 2.0 external hard drive be able to keep up with video capture? I would like to use this hard drive instead of my computer's internal hard drive. I would be capturing with a laptop from a camera through 1394 and recording on the external hard drive through USB 2.0. Will...
  8. B

    Free compression software?

    Hello, As you probably have guessed, I am new here. But I have just finished my first project using Avid Free DV and I was really disappointed with the compression included in the software. I was wondering if it is possible to offload an uncompressed video from Avid and then compress it with...
Back
Top