I currently have a Sony vx1000, which I love. It's been great for the past 5 years as I've only been shooting for skateboard videos. But now even the skate industry is starting to switch over to HD, so some of my footage is starting to get turned down. I'm 3 quarters into my video production courses at the art institute, and now it's been tough to record good audio. The vx1000 has no xlr inputs, so I've had to check out the DSR-250 from school for a few projects. I tried buying the beachtek adapter for my vx1000 but the audio has this terrible hissing noise when I use it.
I've already started saving for another camera, but I'm trying to come to a decision. I'll probably have enough for a DVX100 soon. It would be a step up from my vx1000 (xlr inputs, 24p, LCD, etc.), and I wouldn't have to worry about checking out the schools equipment.
But I'm gonna need to go HD eventually, and I really want to get an HVX200. If I buy a DVX now, I can use it for now and sell it later and put it toward an HVX, but I tend to get really attached to my cameras, and I have a feeling I won't want to sell it later.
A part of me is impatient and wants to get a DVX now. But another part tells me I should just stick it out for about a year and save hard for the HVX. What should I do? Get a DVX now and an HVX in a few years, or save hard this year and try to get an HVX by the end of the year?
I've already started saving for another camera, but I'm trying to come to a decision. I'll probably have enough for a DVX100 soon. It would be a step up from my vx1000 (xlr inputs, 24p, LCD, etc.), and I wouldn't have to worry about checking out the schools equipment.
But I'm gonna need to go HD eventually, and I really want to get an HVX200. If I buy a DVX now, I can use it for now and sell it later and put it toward an HVX, but I tend to get really attached to my cameras, and I have a feeling I won't want to sell it later.
A part of me is impatient and wants to get a DVX now. But another part tells me I should just stick it out for about a year and save hard for the HVX. What should I do? Get a DVX now and an HVX in a few years, or save hard this year and try to get an HVX by the end of the year?