Any news about the hvx200A?

erniediaz

Well-known member
I started this topic in order to get news on this new panny.

Thanks to who tell us something about.
 
Yeah... check out Spec Comm. I know they have it in stock already!

yep. that's where i bought mine. i love it. nothing but good things to say about them. and nothing but good things about the camera either. going from a dvx100b to the hvx200a was a reeeeeally nice upgrade.
 
Thanks friends, I found HVX200A at Spec Comm, but no news, what abut changes?
 
Last edited:
Guys...

I just purchased (today, in fact...being shipped this afternoon) an HVX200. I suppose I can hold out hope that J&R is shipping the new "A" model, but I am assuming it is the original 200...it has the 16g P2 card and a $400 rebate with it for a total shipped price of (5200)...what would you do? Would you guys make SURE you get the A model if you were buying now?

No buyer's remorse at all...been saving a long time for this chance...I just didn't realize this weekend when I placed the order that there is a new model available:embarasse

Jeremy
 
Thanks Slim...

In your opinion, is the 4 bones worth the trade-off with the "A"model available?

I am "Upgrading" from a Sony DCR-HC52:) LOL...this is a MAJOR upgrade for my wife and I...but with the new model here, maybe I should get the latest generation...why couldn't they wait a week!

Jeremy
 
If you can do it, I'd suggest swapping for the 200A. Compared to the overall investment, I think the $400 is not worth it given the improvements.

Of course, I'm judging by other people's reports about the cam. But I'd be very eager for the low light/noise improvements.
 
check out the comparison footage. pretty much seems like the 200 to 200a is worth it for low light shooters. If you have time, wait for the 170!
 
Thanks Slim...

In your opinion, is the 4 bones worth the trade-off with the "A"model available?

I am "Upgrading" from a Sony DCR-HC52:) LOL...this is a MAJOR upgrade for my wife and I...but with the new model here, maybe I should get the latest generation...why couldn't they wait a week!

Jeremy

man, this is completely an uneducated opinion as i went from a dvx100b to the hvx200a, but i say go all in and get the 200a over the 200. i had the cash back in march but decided to wait until nab in case any revisions came out. based on comparisons between the 200 and 200a, i'm glad i waited. i probably would have waited for the 170, but needed another camera right away. if you still can, i say switch out for the 200a. the picture is GEORGEOUS. i do some event shooting where i'm pretty much stuck in low lighting, so the 1/2 stop was a huge thing for me.
 
Back
Top