4/23/08 time to buy new dvx, got a better price?

homer

Well-known member
ok so i'm ready to order my dvx within the next 2-3 days. (friday the latest)

I've scoured for the best price for a new one and I came up with abelcinetech

for $2400 (no tax and shipping shouldn't be too much), they're authorized apparently and I don't see any better offers.

just wondering if someone who's been watching the prices lately too has found anything better before i make my purchase.

thanks again. this forum has been very helpful.
 
ebay - I got my dvx100b for $1,800 with only 8 hours on the heads. It was mint - it took me about 3 weeks to secure exactly what I wanted -

You can do even better if you go with an A or just a plain dvx100. Just go with low hours -
Plus you can usually score a case/xtra battery and other extras - If you want a us model just make sure to ask before you bid - Craigs list is great too
 
I plan on buying one before the month is up also to get the rebate. Uh, I might have to check out abelcinetech. They seems like the cheapest that are legit. If I find anything cheaper(and legit) I'll let you know.
 
Last edited:
I'm waiting to hear back from Abel about their DVX100b stock. So far it's been two days so I'm not terribly impressed with their customer service. I will probably go with Amazon since it appears that B&H is still closed for religious reasons.
 
Newegg is legit and ships out fast. I see no problem with them and the dvx on there has free shipping. That would save you another $25 dollars. More than likely I'll be ordering my dvx100 off of newegg for those reasons. I'm glad I waited and saved another $100. Thanks homer.
 
no prob. my pleasure. this forum has been more than helpful and to think i was going to get the fx1, and from broadwayphoto no less..pssshhhh


i bought mine an hour ago i got the warranty for a year you think that was a good idea?

it was 70 bucks for parts and labor, and their lemon policy.

by the way,

i remember a month ago the price was at 2400 but i didn't have the money, then it dropped to 2380, then back up to 2500. so if you really feel ballsy you could wait til the last minute and see if they drop it to 2380 and save the 20 bucks but i doubt its worth it
 
Back
Top