DVX100B Price Drop After NAB?

salils

Well-known member
I was just about to order my DVX100B on friday when I visited a friend who owns a dvx100 and knows a lot about them and he said that I should wait until after NAB to buy my camera because Panasonic will be promoting HD and as a result the SD cameras (DVX100B) would drop in price. Is this very likely? When will I know whether there was a price drop?
 
Jack_Felis said:
Could happen, could not happen, I'd wait just to see. What's one week anyway?:)

I would prefer getting my dvx as soon as I can if I know there isn't a price drop expected but I guess I will wait.
lol I waited all week for B&H to open on Friday. Here we go again...
 
Aza said:
Please don't let there be one. I will probably get mine tomorrow ;)

Do you think B&H would refund the difference if there was a price drop within 30 days of purchase? I know Best Buy has this policy.
 
B&H, I doubt it. Although a great company, I don't think they'd do it, but you can call and try....

I'm about to get mine too, I wonder how we can find out, I guess just wait...:(
 
Why not wait a few days? Who knows.

Maybe they will come out with a native 16:9 DVXc. They won't but it would be nice.
 
Zim said:
Why not wait a few days? Who knows.

Maybe they will come out with a native 16:9 DVXc.
They released the DVX100B fairly recently so it doesn't make sense.
 
i read it on the internet somewhere that there will be a price drop, but i cant say anymore, no really it was on the internet. :D
 
I don't see why there would be a price drop. Just because McDonalds is trying to sell Big Macs doesn't make the Happy Meals any cheaper. People are still going to shoot in SD, and some are going to shoot in HD.

I wish they'd make a standard definition camera with superb sampling at a reasonable price. That's what I want. I can do without a HD cam for many years to come.
 
Last edited:
From a business standpoint it wouldn't make "cents" to drop the price on the DVX until after the rebate period is up. Which is the end of next month I think. Then buyers would get the new price and a rebate. Which from a buyers standpoint would be sweeeeeet.
 
I've also heard about this rumor. I can't remember where I saw it, but it said something along the lines of Panasonic dropping the price on all SD (including the DVX) cameras after NAB is over. I guess we will all know in a week or so. I just purchased my DVX a week ago or so, so at this point it doesn't make much of a difference to me.
 
aschocken said:
this page is blank for now, but probably won't be for long:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/nab

no guarantees the 100b will be on there, of course, but i bought my 100a last year at b&h around nab time and got $100 off.

When is NAB over? Should I just go ahead and order from EVS? They are $100 cheaper than B&H currently. ($3400)
 
Group 100B discount?

Group 100B discount?

Hi All,
First post, newbie.
Noticed a number of people interested in buying a 100B and wondering about NAB diccounts, and, if any, and/or Panasonic rebates.
I am also in the market and wonder whether if we could get a heftier break, with the above considerations as well, if, say, five, or whatever number, of us committed to buy the cameras as a group?
Thanks,
Stuart
 
if there's gonna be a price drop of $xx amount of dollars it's gonna be off the MSRP end quote, but is there gonna be a price drop in conjunction with the $400 rebate? plus book/dvd etc. who knows.
a lot of this dealers don't have that "low price guaranteed", at best buy if u find it cheaper somewhere else, they'll match it. but when it comes to prosumer video once u buy it, that's pretty much it u can't return it unless its defective in other words trying to get a reinbursment for something u bought a week b4 the price drop is gonna be a pain. X(
 
Back
Top