Sony PMW-F3

148458_459807723043_285137218043_5460099_5797746_n.jpg

wow hot! (i mean the camera) a real camera at that. More here

footage coming out soon!!!

p.s. i wish a mod would move this thread to its own area.

is there an actual F3 thread here?
Last wednesday I was able to play with the prototype. I popped in an SXS card and was able to get some footage...
UM quiet as it's Kept WOW!!!
my only issue with the camera is that the built in curves were very EX and I was hoping for more NXCAM saturation (I'm generally partial to panasonic colors). Rolling shutter WAY better than that other formerly $17500.00 camera.
I'm not on the boards much so I will not be answering questions. I promised the good people at sony that I would not post the pics I took off and with the camera till after their anouncement on the 17th. But yeah I'm definately getting one (along with an AF-100). I can't wait till Jan when I may get to put a Hawk 1.3x Squeeze anamorphic lenses on it.
ok I lied 2 issues. I didn't love the F3 to PL mount adapter, But I was assured that It will be improved on the production models.

On the twitter feed for the F3:

"SR Memory 2011, offering up to 1TB Card, 5Gbps sustained trans speed, Multi Channel recording, 220Mbps, 440Mbps, 880Mbps."

I noticed some Aluras? That looks very cool... but what is the lens with blue markings? I don't recognize that one.

I have the same question about those "Blue" primes, could this be the Sony Primes that come with the kit? I never noticed those either. If thats a sony prime, woah I want one.

And yeah that footage sold me, I am glad I didn't put down for the AF100, the sharpness is mind blowing, its way above the AF100. It looks more like ARRI Alexa footage than anything else.

Actually just confirmed those ARE the new low cost Sony PL mount primes. very interesting.

Back