DVD/BLU-RAY authoring softwares

monks19

Hi. I'm looking for a good authoring software (DVD &/or BLU-RAY) that can to "real" seamless branching and multiple video streal (multi angles). Good real Blu-Ray menus are also needed.

Any ideas ? I tryed Adobe Encore & Sony DVD Architect, but no luck for those.

Thanks to answer

Anything else ?

I think in the "affordable" price range, Encore would do a fair job if you mess around with Playlists.
As for multi-angle, I know that DVD Lab Pro does it, but can't tell about the whole experience with the software though. Tried it once, wasn't bad. But I'm fine with Encore since I learned it.

Me too, normally. I know that Dvd architect can do the multi angle seamlessly, but the app is so buggy now and hasn't been updated or fixed accordingly since a very long time (even if they changed the version number). Normally it allows blu-ray authoring too, but it's very limited now... It relly bugs me that Adobe never addes those two options, especially for professional purposes. Now, they want to abbandon it in favor of streaming/sharing videos online, but physical media are still very active. Why this sudden jerky move ? In fact, aside of those two missing options, Encore is quite complete. Kind of stupid that they never add those to the software. For the playlist trick, it doesn't work that much, because sometime the dvd/blu-ray player can't do the change without the break of a few seconds (when it works) or without stopping compleatly.

For the playlist trick, it doesn't work that much, because sometime the dvd/blu-ray player can't do the change without the break of a few seconds (when it works) or without stopping compleatly.

Unless I'm wrong, isn't that because of the player buffer? I mean, seamless branching only redirect to a previous/upcoming cell on the disc, so the player's buffer have to do his work. Same for the playlist, unless I'm wrong...

Bumping up this thread ....
Anyone out there still authoring DVD's have a suggestion for decent software to do simple menu in Apr of 2016? This is a one-off project for me... and because of the proprietary nature of the material - I cannot use a service to create the disc for me. (I've used both Encore and DVD Studio Pro in the past). Just need to be able to create very simple chapter menu so that viewer can select different segments from long form video(s).

Bumping up this thread ....
Anyone out there still authoring DVD's have a suggestion for decent software to do simple menu in Apr of 2016? This is a one-off project for me... and because of the proprietary nature of the material - I cannot use a service to create the disc for me. (I've used both Encore and DVD Studio Pro in the past). Just need to be able to create very simple chapter menu so that viewer can select different segments from long form video(s).

If you're on a Mac, FCPX will create a basic DVD with chapter markers you manually set in FCPX

Thanks David. About 30 minutes after I posted that it dawned on me to check that... and the chapter markers indeed do work - which will be just fine for my needs.

Thanks David. About 30 minutes after I posted that it dawned on me to check that... and the chapter markers indeed do work - which will be just fine for my needs.

I don't do a lot of DVD authoring out of FCP X, but the chapter markers capability is something that is useful for some jobs. I just wish the menu creation function was a little more sophisticated.

Yes - agree... other than changing the background - there's not much more to be done...
It still seems odd to me that DVD as a format is essentially already gone... (not that I'm complaining).

Just need to be able to create very simple chapter menu so that viewer can select different segments from long form video(s).
In addition, you can use IFOedit to create a DVD structure format from elementary streams (.m2v and .ac3 files) and then, just add the proper time for the chapters in it. Pretty simple, fast and free, but no menus though.

Back