Will Premiere for M1 be more stable?

ahalpert

Will Premiere for the M1 mac be more stable than before because they're giving it a foundational redesign? Or even less stable because they're further shoehorning the same old code into a new machine?

PS: further reassurance that Premiere problems were not a me-thing. Had a talk with client staff editor on Tuesday who mentioned the crashes and bugs on their Adobe systems that occasionally make them miss deadlines. No regrets for me switching to FCPX 2 years ago!

Gosh, I hope so! As soon as Apple comes out with a better spec M-chip desktop (Mac Pro Mini, or a better Mac Mini) I'm ditching my Windows rig.

I currently use Premiere, so I'm hoping the eventual update to M1 brings much needed speed and stability improvements.

Probably less stable... they aren't coding it from scratch, they are transplanting the foundation. And... it's Adobe.

I have to say I’m using premiere on a mix of windows 10 and macs and can’t say I’d describe it as prone to crash. I have noticed that the pc running a proper video card on the list is the most stable, and out of the two MacBooks, the older one with limited HD space is the most prone to fail. The M1 Mac had not had a crash at all.

Back