Footage color changing problem when I press play...

SPX Studios

I take in 720p footage from the HVX with Cineform into premiere pro, after I do that the footage looks a certain way, but when I press play on the timeline it looks another (oddly changes color) do you guys know how I can fix this problem? I had this same problem when I was using Avid Xpress Pro HD. I have an NVidia Quadro FX 3400 on a Precision 670 Workstation.

Sounds like a problem with Video Overlay settings on your graphics card. Try playing with those to match the playing video with the still image.

I have this problem as well when using the pantone huey color balancer for the monitor - so I cannot use it because to manually balance the overlay to match the gamma introduced by the huey is just plain silly

The nVidia graphics cards should be configured the following way to prevent color shifts between RGB and YUV conversion.
§ Go into the display card settings
§ Go to 'Color Correction' and in the top drop down box choose 'Overlay'
§ Set Brightness to 109 and Contrast to 112.
§ Go to 'Video Overlay Settings' and set the saturation to 101%

This same information can be found in the ReadMe file that came with the CineForm Software.

Last edited:
But if I am using a color balance tool like the huey - then as the settings change those wont be valid -overlay seems to ignore the gamma

Back