HPX250: Any in depth analysis about the hpx250? Urgent!

I haven't found a palmcorder yet that zooms like an ENG zoom.

Panasonic's own short-lived DVC30 had a "is-it really-moving" creep zoom along with a wicked fast snap zoom all in a 16x lens.

It was the gold standard of hand-held zooms, and I really, really wish Panasonic would duplicate that zoom speed range on ALL their lenses.

I always pull the motor off my lenses anyway - just too many years of working with a 16mm camera and no zoom motor and I never could get used to using the lens as a handle... I plan to set my 250 up with the same stuff I've been using on the AF100. Z-Finder and Aaton grip so it is shoulder mount... works great on the 100, and I'll redesign my handle mount bracket for the finder.

Jeff: Since you're near me in Foster City I should have asked to come up and see the 250 in person before ordering... But, with the exception of some marketing glitches, I'm generally more pleased with the look from Panasonic than from other marks.

I plan to set my 250 up with the same stuff I've been using on the AF100. Z-Finder and Aaton grip so it is shoulder mount... works great on the 100, and I'll redesign my handle mount bracket for the finder.

I'd like to see that! Post pics of the rig when it's done.

Camera arrives today.. it'll take me a few days to design and build a baseplate for the matte box and the handle mount for the viewfinder... but I will post a pic when done...

By the way, does anyone know where it's possible to buy Vocas stuff in the US? I know it's pricy, but so what if you use it every day - the under-designed shoulder mount would be perfect for this camera...

Back