The AF100 Book - availability and ordering info

Thanks, Barry!

Thanks, Barry!

Barry, I am sorry that I missed your 2-day workshop on using the AF100 recently held in Austin, Texas. Have read your excellent book that came with the camera.

A couple of questions for you, please. When is your next scheduled seminar for the camera, and are you available for "one-on-one" consulting for a special project?

By the way, I just received a special lens for the AG AF100. Truly a fantastic piece of engineering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertWhitePhoto#p/u/4/YjjH2gCdKwU

Thanks,

Joe

Austin workshop didn't happen, I was sick as a dog and we had to cancel.

Next one is not formally announced yet, but will be soon. Informally, it's March 26/27 in Los Angeles.

Individual consulting is possible, I just did a private workshop for one of the members here on the forum who seemed rather happy with the whole thing. Depends on schedule, budget, time, and what the specifics are of what you're looking to learn, but it's possible.

AF100 Book for Canada - in stock at The DV Shop

AF100 Book for Canada - in stock at The DV Shop

We now have stock again of the AF100 Book - 1st shipment sold out in 2 days! So for any customers in Canada looking for it, we have it. We ship all across Canada.

Thanks Barry for producing yet another excellent book.

DV Dude
The DV Shop
Toronto, Canada
www.dvshop.ca
416-604-1492

Hey, glad you like it, and thanks for letting our Candian members know of someplace that they can definitely get it! :thumbsup:

I just picked up the book for my dealer here in Toronto, thanks for making such a great book Barry.

This is my first camera, and I'm just getting into the industry (still at school). All the help you've given on these forums and in your book have really made me feel welcome in this community.

Your book will always have a place in my camera case :D (I'm glad its small, it fits perfectly).

Thanks

Robert

Last edited:
Okay finally, my AF100 will be arriving in 7 days, but apparently Barry's book doesn't come with it anymore? B and H photo said there's no promotional info on that. Abel Cine also said that. Barry says it comes prepackaged in the box, just like it was with the HPX170. Can anyone shed light on this?

It is most definitely in the box unless it is a gray market product. If you have the name of the sales person at B & H that said that would you PM me, and we'll help him figure it out.

Best,

Jan

Thanks for the link, Barry.
An acquaintance of mine wants to trade his nikon 24-70mm f2.8 for my 70-200mm/f2.8 VR.
I popped the 70-200mm beast on the AF100 at Abel Cine and boy, I can't imagine narrative scenarios
where I'd be using that, except for maybe a sniper scope at an adjacent high-rise. Both lens are nearly brand new.

Good trade for me?
At Abel Cine, my 85mm 1.4 even had slight Chromatic Aberration - that I didn't spot, the tech did - I don't care about that, CA won't affect
my narrative, but I'm thinking the trade would even make the 85mm somewhat obsolete. I'm guessing, but I'd like to be making an informed decision here, because otherwise I was going sell the 70-200mm to get the Voightlander25mm/f0.98 and the Noktor50mm f0.98. I'm all about saving on lighting packages and shooting narratives with practical lights. Expensive lens but they save money later on.

It is most definitely in the box unless it is a gray market product. If you have the name of the sales person at B & H that said that would you PM me, and we'll help him figure it out.

Best,

Jan
Even the staff at Abel Cine answered likewise. Not in box. If you look on B and H site and look at what's in the box - it doesn't list Barry's book. But I'll call B&H tomorrow and speak to another sales person and PM you. Thanks JC.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a screenwriter with a AF100.
I've done a lot of stupid things in my life so now I ask around first.

An acquaintance of mine wants to trade his nikon 24-70mm f2.8 for my 70-200mm/f2.8 VR.
I popped the 70-200mm beast on the AF100 at Abel Cine and boy, I can't imagine narrative scenarios
where I'd be using that, except for maybe a sniper scope at an adjacent high-rise. Both lens are nearly brand new.

Good trade for me?

I don't know those lenses to know what the relative quality is, but I certainly can say that the 24-70 focal range is far more appropriate as a general-purpose lens than 70-200 is. If the retail prices are comparable and the image fidelity is comparable, then I'd definitely prefer having the 24-70 instead of the 70-200... unless you're a wildlife shooter...

What options do one have if the book is not in the box?
If it's an official USA model, either the book will be in the box or, if it was one from the first month or two of manufacture, there will be a mail-in redemption coupon for a free copy.

If it's made after February and there's no book in the box, that pretty much ensures that it is gray market, meaning it is not an official USA model and therefore there is no warranty coverage in the USA and it is not entitled to a free copy of the book. You could always order one off Amazon at that point.

Back