AC90: Las Vegas at night

Camera Expert

Just a bunch of clips I did while walking around at night and shooting random things. It was freaking tiring walking to one place to another. A lot of times you have to go through a building and then come out another way just to cross the street. It's tiring as is doing all that walking. Going through hoops just to cross the street made matters much worse for me. Carrying an AC90 camcorder was also a pain. It's not good to be traveling a lot with a big camera like that. It wouldn't have been that tiring if I had a smaller camera. Now I did take a bus a couple of times after walking too much. The good news about that place is that a 24 hour buss pass is $8 and gets much cheaper per day if you want to buy a ticket that's more than a day.

Last edited:
Hi. Quite a few nice shots to show the capabilities in the dark... Do you remember the iris/gain settings ?

It was freaking tiring walking to one place to another. A lot of times you have to go through a building and then come out another way just to cross the street. It's tiring as is doing all that walking. Going through hoops just to cross the street made matters much worse for me. Carrying an AC90 camcorder was also a pain. It's not good to be traveling a lot with a big camera like that. It wouldn't have been that tiring if I had a smaller camera.

Talk to me after you've had to lug a BetaSP camera, batteries, and a heavy tripod all over the place. Geez!

I LOVE carrying the lightweight AC90. I carried it in my pack with filters, batteries, additional DSLR camera, lenses, mini tripod, and various other gear hiking at 13,000-14,000 feet all day long with zero complaints and I am not exactly an athlete. I think you should be able to handle a little walking in level, urban environments at "normal" altitudes :)

Nice night shots!

The settings were basically a shutter of 60, natural profile and everything else fully automatic. Oh, I did adjust the gain a few times. For example the 2 guys performing scene and a scene of the fake lake Bellagio. The camera was steady on the wall like a tripod shot.

As for my rant, well lest just say that on the same day I got to Las Vegas, I attended the Super meet and that was over until late at night. Went to the hotel and spend some time online before I went to sleep, woke up early in the morning and was at NAB from the morning till it closed walking all over the place for many hours. When it got over, I did some sight seeing afterwords which was a lot more walking until around 9pm in which I told myself that I really should stay around the hotel that night since I gotta get up the next morning to Attend NAB again. I spend a lot of time walking all over the place again and then when NAB was officially over, I did some more sight seeing and video taping some of what you see in the video. Then I get to the Tao night club and stay for a while. Afterwords, I'm back outside walking all over the strip shooting a bunch of more random night scenes. Sometimes the camera is in my hand while other times, it's inside my backpack which is a little heavy as is without the camcorder. Lest just say I'm more used to how it is in places such as Boston then Las Vegas. I don't have to go through a bunch of random places just to cross the street. Still a very nice city to visit, that's for sure.

One of the extra place I wanted to shoot was at the top of the Stratosphere (Shot from outside the Stratosphere is around the 5 minute mark of the video). I was told that I can go up but not with the camera. Ironically they allowed a guy to go up with a DSLR type camera. They claimed I needed some type of permission that the media gets becasue of the size camera I have. That's really not fair in my opinion. People are allowed to go up their with their cameras and I couldn't go with the AC90. They also said I couldn't take any shots eighter. I'm sure that guy who went up their with the camera got a lot of nice shots. They obviously didn't tell him he couldn't shoot anything. If only I also had the GH2 with me. It was at the hotel though on that night. They would have for sure allowed me to go up with that. With all that said, I don't blame the workers. They were still polite with me and they obviously don't want to loose their job. They were following what the management told them. If the management really wants to stop people from taking pictures and videos up their then they should also ban smart phones.

Last edited:
Here's extended scenes of the Bellagio dancing fountain. The night scenes were done with the AC90 on a wall and the day scene were shot the next day with my GH2 handheld. They really should turn that into a pool in my opinion. It would be perfect. It's just that it might be hard to maintain having to clean and replace the water.

I do have more footage to upload such as a lot of clips of the Venetian Hotel as well as clips of other things.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ven...cQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=979#q=venetian&tbm=isch

Last edited:
Here's a bunch of random clips that I shot around the Venetian Hotel. I did not stay at that hotel since I was on a budget. Also shot with the AC90. I didn't think it was worth editing and uploading to YouTube right away but I finally gave myself some time to do it. Definately a nice hotel to visit while in Las Vegas.

Back