The RedEye Focus Assist

Mr. Blonde

RED Advocate
The RedEye focus assist incorporates all of the great things about the HVX200's focus assist feature and goes far beyond with additional features every DP/Camera Op. dreams of.

The RedEye focus assist feature would be an actual-pixel focus assist box viewable on the Red One's 5" flip out/detatchable LCD.

The LCD would have a built in wireless transmitter for those important jib/boom shots and would allow for mounting anywhere on the RedCage or other optional cages when doing handheld shots or low angle/steadicam shots.

- The RedEye focus assist incorporates a 16x9 actual-pixel focus assist box.

- It can be viewed not only on Red One's lcd, but also on all external monitors running to the Red One.

- RedEye would have an external output option with a toggle on/off menu command.

- Red One will have two HD-SDI outputs which would allow for a clean, RedEye-free video channel to be displayed for the Director.

- The RedEye 16x9 focus assist box would have the ability to be moved both horizontally and vertically edge to edge. This feature would be important when the subject is off-center and can be of importance for a more accurate DOF preview as well.

- The RedEye would also have an incident meter similar to those found on a DSLR for an accurate light meter readout, no more need for a Sekonic!

- The RedEye will also support a vectorscope and waveform display on its LCD, eliminating the need for the DP to interrrupt the Director's viewing monitor.

Last edited:
I love the Waveform and Vectorscope with the auto focus..

I love the Waveform and Vectorscope with the auto focus..

Although you didnt win, I hope we did with Red incorporating this straight forward idea right from the digital still world.

Back