First 5D Mark III Firmware released - Magic Lantern can now begin!...Right?

I'd also love if they turn ALL-I VBR into CBR. And if they can somehow create a crop-function to x1.6 - perhaps the crop-function is a tall order though...

ALL-I CBR with adjustable bit-rates. I'm hoping there's been some buffer tweaks on the MKIII. The MKII wouldn't write more than 80Mbit/s to even the fastest CF cards even though the cards have a lot more throughput. 150Mbit/s ALL-I would be like prores HQ. But even just CBR ALL-I would be a big improvement if it hovers around 91Mbit/s.

Software de-activation of the OLPH sensor would probably be interesting, so that you don't need to butcher a new camera to test the urban legend (?) of better resolution without OLPH. Crop mode x1.6 in 1080p is nice too...
zoom window to focus, peaking etc.

I don't think we'll get 1.6x crop or CBR all-I, but we may get increased bitrate on VBR all-I, and perhaps OLPF deactivation (that may be a long shot, but if the filter has a stills mode and a video mode, controlled by firmware, ML might be able to force the stills mode in video mode) (I think it has these two modes, otherwise stills would be extremely soft, with such a strong OLPF filter as we're seeing in video)

I would imagine we would get just about everything we have with ML on the MKII. I doubt the firmware is much different.

I'd also love if they turn ALL-I VBR into CBR. And if they can somehow create a crop-function to x1.6 - perhaps the crop-function is a tall order though...

ALL-I CBR with adjustable bit-rates. I'm hoping there's been some buffer tweaks on the MKIII. The MKII wouldn't write more than 80Mbit/s to even the fastest CF cards even though the cards have a lot more throughput. 150Mbit/s ALL-I would be like prores HQ. But even just CBR ALL-I would be a big improvement if it hovers around 91Mbit/s.

Yes and yes- This would be awesome!

Pappas
http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS

[size=+1]BlackMagic Digital Camera Info:[/size] http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.p...mera-Technology-Announcements-amp-Latest-Info

Yes and yes- This would be awesome!

This morning, at 0930BST, Magic Lantern successfully printed "Hello Word" on 5D Mark III, this means ML will work on this new model.

Tests done by me, coding/analysis done by Alex, Indy and G3gg0, thank you for all the support and suggestions! please be patient and stay tuned :)

5D3_Hello_World.jpg

:2vrolijk_08:

can't wait to get some pro features back

reprogramming the magnification button back in the old spot would be nice....:kali: Canon

The Magic Lantern Team \m/ ROCKS :) \m/

I think I'm still probably going to go FS-700, just because of the huge issues that need to fixed on the 5D3. Is it even possible to increase the resolution on the 5D3 through ML for a sharper picture? Barry Green is rating the resolution at around 700 lines. That's really soft :( Also, the clean HDMI issue right now on the 5D3 is pretty huge.

With that said, is there a donation link going up soon? Even if I get the FS700, I'd still like to donate to ML just to spite Canon. Or in this case, it might be helping them sell more of their crippled, underwhelming cameras that we've waited too long for.

The Magic Lantern Team \m/ ROCKS :) \m/

I think I'm still probably going to go FS-700, just because of the huge issues that need to fixed on the 5D3. Is it even possible to increase the resolution on the 5D3 through ML for a sharper picture? Barry Green is rating the resolution at around 700 lines. That's really soft :( Also, the clean HDMI issue right now on the 5D3 is pretty huge.

With that said, is there a donation link going up soon? Even if I get the FS700, I'd still like to donate to ML just to spite Canon. Or in this case, it might be helping them sell more of their crippled, underwhelming cameras that we've waited too long for.

Thanks, for donation you can always donate via the official page: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki
scroll down and see right hand side. don't trust any other private links asking you to donate for magic lantern.

Back