Battery charger quit

ROCKMORE

I have a 600D and the original charger was lost at a shoot. I replaced it with a Canon LC-E8C charger with a 1 month guarantee. After 5 weeks it just died on the job yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed, cause what do I do, plan to buy a new charger every month? Any advice on a reliable charger? I found another 3rd party brand with a 6 month guarantee. At least that would give me 6 months for it to crap out.
BTW I never had a problem with the charger that came with the 600D and never a problem with my original 60D charger after 4 years so maybe the replacement is a black market product with the Canon brand name.

I have a 600D and the original charger was lost at a shoot. I replaced it with a Canon LC-E8C charger with a 1 month guarantee. After 5 weeks it just died on the job yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed, cause what do I do, plan to buy a new charger every month? Any advice on a reliable charger? I found another 3rd party brand with a 6 month guarantee. At least that would give me 6 months for it to crap out.
BTW I never had a problem with the charger that came with the 600D and never a problem with my original 60D charger after 4 years so maybe the replacement is a black market product with the Canon brand name.

Update: I complaned to Canon support and also to the dealer along with Canon's responce, and the said they will replace the charger. In the mean time I bought a 3rd party charger that has at least a 6 month guarantee. It was cheaper than the Canon, better plug connection and also included a 12v car plug and the unit even has a USB power slot in it. The canon Charger was only $25 and appears exactly like the original, but it may be a fake. The original Canon replacement is listed for $79. The 3rd party was only $20 and looks like it will last a while.

Back