Where can I find these smoke sticks/bombs?

M1CEtro

I'm shooting a music video and want to use these smoke sticks/bombs but I am not sure what the real name of them are to look them up online and buy; or where to even get them from. I want three different colors of them.

smoke stick 2.jpgsmoke stick.jpg
It creates a really thick and colorful smoke. Maybe they are military grade or something? To see it in action watch this music video (excuse the lnaguage) you can see it towards the end, like around 4:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJoBbyTdwY

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They are marine flares used by sailors.

Dont use them near the sea or a rescue helicopter will arrive, then send you a bill for $30,000 for wasted fuel!

S

I believe boilermakers also use something similar to check their welds but not sure if they have different colours.

They are marine flares used by sailors.

Dont use them near the sea or a rescue helicopter will arrive, then send you a bill for $30,000 for wasted fuel!

S

Yeah, even if being used far from water, the safe approach (for any special effect that produces piles of 'smoke') would be to contact local emergency services beforehand just in case they get calls from concerned/confused members of the public who think there's a fire, chemical explosion, etc.

Hi

You have to know your local area. Some places a friendly warning will result in demands for lots of permits and paid on scene fire and police crews with notices posted in advance and insurance...

Or in some places you can fire off what you like and only the crickets will respond.

Often "way out in the country" is far easier than in the city as far as permits go. Sometimes those FD's are bored silly and just want to come out and watch. Especially if there's models involved.

Back