Script doctors

JimiK

Has anybody used a script doctor for a screenplay? I am planning on using one but who? That's the problem.

A little background on the goal and condition of the script might help. Is this a spec? is this a script you are making yourself? Also what are the challenges you hope to improve in the script? Joining a group to hear your script read out loud might be of more help.

A little background on the goal and condition of the script might help. Is this a spec? is this a script you are making yourself? Also what are the challenges you hope to improve in the script? Joining a group to hear your script read out loud might be of more help.
It is a spec. I just finished it and I want more professional opinion to make it better before I submit it.

Putting a script in a drawer for a few months before rereading usually gives you a fresh perspective on your scripts strengths and weaknesses and illuminates the obvious . Are you entering contests, seeking representation or trying to get it in front of producers on your own. I haven't used any doctors before so I don't have any recommendations. I would urge you to write down what you exactly want from whoever you hire so you are both on the same page. I would be as specific as possible. Good luck.

Putting a script in a drawer for a few months before rereading usually gives you a fresh perspective on your scripts strengths and weaknesses and illuminates the obvious . Are you entering contests, seeking representation or trying to get it in front of producers on your own. I haven't used any doctors before so I don't have any recommendations. I would urge you to write down what you exactly want from whoever you hire so you are both on the same page. I would be as specific as possible. Good luck.
I will try to get it in front of the producers if I can. Representation would be fine too. Let's see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Curious about this too. Writing my first screenplay and would like to get a look over before i subnit for film fest. I dont want to get disqual for formatting issues. Thanks

Have a friend read it.

PS. "Script doctors" are usually highly paid Hollywood screenwriters who are brought over by studios/producers/stars for a rewrite. Usually, they are told what needs to be fixed or tailored to star's demands.

Back