Which program is right for me?

Blade Borge

Well-known member
Cinematography is my 'thing,' I'm no computer animator, maybe a motion graphics one, but I was looking for some 3d software that can take my videos to the next level. I'm looking for stuff that can complement the real world that I shoot (matte paintings) eye popping logos, etc just stuff that allows me to cheat and have people believe I shot what was animated (solid motion tracking too).

Which of these 3d programs would best suite me? Thanks
 
My suggestion would be After Effects. It's not true 3D. It's known as 2.5D, where you can simulate 3D qualities.

It sounds like exactly what you're looking for.
 
My suggestion would be After Effects. It's not true 3D. It's known as 2.5D, where you can simulate 3D qualities.

It sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

I concur with Tom unless you already have AE then I would wait for the new release of Cinema 4D.
 
yes, forgot to mention I have AE, looking to give my effects more depth, thanks guys, anymore suggestions people?
 
I would go with C4D too. It's easier than the other 3D packages and it integrates really well with After Effects. Plus it's probably the best 3D program to use for text. I'm not sure when the new release comes out though...

I'm pretty sure there's a demo for Cinema 4D. I would suggest downloading it and playing with it a bit. There are some great online tutorials for the program too.
 
Back
Top