Using flash to create OOFH

Does anyone know of any good articles about how to maximize a flash or what too look for in a location where a flash can create lots of out of focus highlights?

I understand that its going to have to be an indoor scene that is specular and will allow light to bounce around a lot, but I was hoping to come across some article that offers some good tips to achieve this.
 
I dont follow what you mean. The more flash power the smaller the aperture you'll use giving a greater depth of field and more things in focus than out.

Eg:

6510643810a11407853097o.jpg


Shot at f/2.8 with a tiny amount of flash 1/32 to fill

R
 
I don't want a scene with natural lights that cause OOFH. I'm looking to light up a set/background with the flash to create more OOFH than there would be without the flash.

The flash wouldn't hit the subject it would hit reflective surfaces to create the highlights.

Something like this (these aren't my photos, just samples off the web):

picture.php


picture.php
 
Any flash will catch in reflective surfaces like that, so just start at a low power and build from there perhaps
 
Thanks for the link!..not quit what I was looking though.

When I have some time, I'm going to practice on differnt scenarios and see if I can come up with any conclusions or best methods for maximizing the amount of OOFH that appear.
 
Back
Top