Using 29.97 avi's with 24P

Raitan

New member
I recently did a promo for a non-profit...I shot most of the footage with the DVX100a in 24p mode...the footage looked great (it was my first time using the cam)...the problem, however, came when I inserted video footage made from still photos...I use the program moving pictures to create pans and zooms of high res photographs--the output is 29.97 avi's....when I dropped these into my NLE (Mediastudio Pro 8), it was jerky and not smooth at all...is is possible to have the best of both worlds? can i use after fx plugins to convert the 29.97 into 24p? can i do the same also if I mix this with 29.97fps footage shot with other cams or even with the dvx100a?

D. Eric Harmon
Raitan Multi-Media
Saint Paul, MN
www.raitan.com
eric@raitan.com
 
Raitan, I've never used Mediastudio but in FCP when you zoom, crop, and pan still images the playback is very shaky and jerky when previewing. Once rendered, however, the movement is fine. Have you rendered the images yet?

edit: Also, you'll get more responses if you post in the NLE section. Good luck.
 
Back
Top