Translating a screenplay

dasonras

Well-known member
I've done a few films in engish, however I would really like to pursue a script that is in a foreign tongue. I always find foreign shorts more interesting. How would i go about writing a script then having someone translate it into italian. Would this be a costly task?
 
Re: Translating a screenplay

Nah. We just brought on a few dialect coaches for copy/credit/meals to translate some scenes into French, and even Latin. They're also hanging out on set to coach the actors as needed.

I would suggest the 'education' section of craigslist.com, there you'll find plenty of studious fellows looking to hang out in the film world. As long as your pitch is tight and professional they should bite.

Good luck.
 
Re: Translating a screenplay

[quote author=dasonras link=board=writing;num=1100835613;start=0#0 date=11/18/04 at 19:40:12]I would really like to pursue a script that is in a foreign tongue. I always find foreign shorts more interesting.[/quote]

Ok, I'm sorry, but how the heck is writing in a foreign language going to make your story more interesting? If a story is boring in English it will be boring in any other language. It might sound more interesting to someone not fluent in the language. But only because they like the sound and not what is being said.

This is like the old joke of saying something in French to make an inane statement sound interesting.
 
Back
Top