Stagecoach and Horses

CPM Camera Rigs

DVXuser Sponsor
Where might a person start to look for a Stagecoach and horse? Located in Maryland, so north east. A google search comes up with coach hand bags more then anything. Found a few ranches on the west coast that have some for rent. My other idea was local horse boarding places, have a ton of them in the area. That was better in that they did not HAVE one but most knew this person or that who might have one. In the end just buggies or open top wagons, no stagecoach. Any ideas?


Steve
 
Let me take a look. In the mean time MPE.NET is the place to look for production services. I am thinking dude ranches that may have stagecoachs, wranglers, horses for hire.....
Picture car people...
I did a search and creativefilmcars.com had horse drawn vehicles and a number to call if you need something else.....
 
Last edited:
Any touristy "Old Western Towns" locally?

Places that sell horse stuff (saddles etc) may also have some contacts. Or historical reenactment clubs?
 
Any touristy "Old Western Towns" locally?

Places that sell horse stuff (saddles etc) may also have some contacts. Or historical reenactment clubs?

Places the sell saddles, now that is a good idea! No Old Western Towns, fishing village - water front for most of our area. But there are a lot of horse boarding and tac (I think its called tac) Tac shops in the area. That would be a good place to start. Where there are horses there may very well be a stagecoach somewhere.

My only other thought was we have a rather large Amish community. I was thinking I might be able to pick up a down and out buggy and make a 3/4 scale stagecoach. Not the best scenario, but an option if no other exist. Just need 3/4 scale talent :)

Steve
 
Back
Top