Sony NEX-VG10

kicap

Anybody get a chance to play with this new Sony toys???

Seems to be quite interesting. Not sure whether this will definitely KILL 35mm adapter, but pretty sure it will contest that Panasonic AG-AF100!!

Well, I am still stuck with my SGBlade for now and quite happy with the results (was thinking to invest on Canon 5D MarkII until I saw this one coming just around the corner).

It only shoots 60i - IMO Sony blew it; they get one thing right and mess up something else. I think it'll be interesting to see how things go, but the fact that it only shoots interlaced is quite a letdown.

No manual controls, no XLRs, no 24p. Certainly not a competitor to the AF100, and not really a competitor to the DSLRs, as far as what people here want and need (manual controls and 24p).

Might do well in a different market or the consumer market, but among the indie filmmakers the NEX-VG10 doesn't have a lot of appeal.

Maybe it does? The first thread I read about it said that there was no manual controls, so I quit paying attention to it after that.

Hmmmm, well even so, why would they take something that captures in 30p and have it record in 60i? I think that's really unnecessary and a big pitfall.

Maybe to compete head-on with Pansonic!

:nads:

No manual controls, no XLRs, no 24p. Certainly not a competitor to the AF100, and not really a competitor to the DSLRs, as far as what people here want and need (manual controls and 24p).

Might do well in a different market or the consumer market, but among the indie filmmakers the NEX-VG10 doesn't have a lot of appeal.

Well... It doesn't compete in price. $4000 less than the AF100, right? I seriously hope that the AF-100 records 24p natively.

Let's see how the GH2 plays out.

Maybe it does? The first thread I read about it said that there was no manual controls, so I quit paying attention to it after that.

LOL.

Back