Screenwriting Contests

  • Thread starter Thread starter j
  • Start date Start date

j

Veteran
I have a feature length script that I would like to enter into a contest, however, there are a lot of contests out there. Does anybody have any advice as to which contests are worth entering?

BTW, my genre is scifi.

Thanks,

-J
 
The biggies -- i.e., the ones that are worth winning -- are the Nicholl, the Chesterfield, the Heart of Austin, and a few others. Those have the big prizes and will do the most for your career. And they're by far the hardest to win -- I think the Nicholl gets something like 20,000 entries! (although I may be making that up; but I think I remember that).

Go to www.moviebytes.com and look through the list. There are probably several sci-fi-oriented contests. Heck, there's hundreds, if not thousands, of contests out there, so you can probably find one that exactly suits your needs.
 
Depends on what you want from the competition. There is only one contest that I know of where your script is actually made into a movie.

PGL.

EJ
 
I'm not looking to have the script made into a film, I guess I'm interested in the prestige of winning a contest in order to help shop a script.

-j
 
The one thing I don't like about the bigger contests: the prize is a fellowship. I really can't afford giving up my "real" job for a year to take a minimum wage internship. :)

Dan
 
Back
Top