Premiere PRO 2015 and NVIDA K5200 Problem (black windows with MCE aktive)

Plini

Member
I have Setup a new Video editing machine (P900 Lenovo, XEON E5-2643, 48GB RAm, Multiple SSDs,...NVIDEA Quadro K5200, WIN 8.1) and am having troubles since then.

Problem is that when I start Premiere Pro 2015 mit GPU acceleration after 1 Minute of Rendering the System hangs, all Video Windows get black Content and also all Windows Windows have black Content from this Point.
The effect is only happening with Premiere.

- Defect Quadro Card is unlikely (Furmark and other programs show it ok and can use it without any Problems)
- Driver - I tried various Drivers all the same
- when I turn off GPU Acceleration Premiere works fine (but slow)

I checked with the Adobe Team and they told me it is a driver issue and well known (I found no evidence searching the WWW) and the driver/card cannot handle what Premiere 2015 requests... (strange answer??)
The K5200 is a card recommended by Adobe and well present in various premiere tests.

Does anyone have a running combination of Premiere Pro 2015 and NVIDEA K5200 or
has anyone ever encountered a similar Problem?
 
There was a bug with Premiere Pro CC 2015 and CUDA/GPU acceleration. I have a ATI Radeon card so I wasn't effected. You might want to check the Adobe/P. Pro official forum...
 
Try software only instead of Mercury Playback. Render. Still happens? you know it's a CUDA issue. Then try OpenCL and see if it works.

You might need to try different CUDA drivers. On a mac it's a different install. Not sure about PC's.

Go to Nvidia site and try older CUDA drivers until the issue resolves. If it doesn't resolve the card could have issues. If you can test in a different machine that would be good but I know thats hard to do.

Reset preferences. Flush out renders. Try a new project with same media. Render. Try different media type in new project. Render.
 
Many thanks to scorsesefan I strolled through the Adobe Forum and found a thread with similarities and probably a solution.

Turning on the Reference Monitor in Premiere enabled me to render a 30 minutes Clip successfully.

I will investigate deeper if that is the solution until Premiere fixes the Problem...
 
Back
Top