Portfolio?

pest22o

Well-known member
So I wanna make a Portfolio, and I have no idea where to begin; any suggestions? sites? examples ideas?
 
What type work do you specialize in?
Weddings? Portraits? Commercial? Glamour? Photojournalism?

Put tear-sheets in your port. etc etc
 
Depends on what kind of work you are looking to get. You might want to have a few different portfolios. One for events another for commercial photography. People can only look and will only look at a limited amount of pictures so making sure you don't show them photos they aren't interested in and making sure it is concise and well edited is very important. For every portfolio I would have an electronic version and a print version. For events you should probably create a professionally printed album and for any type of portfolio you should have a web photo gallery.
 
I havn't sent out a "Hard Portfolio" in about 7 years...... Spend the money on a good upgradable website like LiveBooks.

frisco
 
I want an iPhone in the worst way, just so I can carry my stuff with me all the time. Plus have something online.
 
it's true some porfolio's won't benefit from seeing it printed. For commercial work and events I think its important for the client to see how sharp your images are and how they would look printed since that is the final presentation format most of the time.
 
I guess portraits? and glamour, I could co commercial I'm just not sure



I have no idea what that means.


Tear-sheets are examples of your work that have been published in magazines/newspapers etc...

It sounds like you are just starting out
 
yeah I am, it's for one of my classes I just wanted to see some examples so I can get some ideas.
 
Question to ask yourself..

What are my strongest photos?
Which ones have received the most favorable reactions from my friends or fellow classmates?
What photos show the most variety of my shooting style?

Now go work on that... post some photos here and see what reactions they get
 
3038918842_a7115fe640_o.jpg


This is one of my pieces for my portfolio, what would you catogorize this as?
 
Back
Top