Placing unused footage on layers on the timeline without affecting performance?

analogs

Well-known member
I am placing in similar position but in layers alot of footage on the timeline and turning off track output so that I can decide later which footage to use but I am noticing my system performance being affected as more footage(20+) is placed on the timeline.

Is the footage playing in the background even though the track output is off hence why the performance is being affected even though only one footage is playing on the timeline with the track output on?

Is there a way to allow me to add footage on the timeline on many layers without affecting the performance?

Thank you.
 
This shouldn't effect the performance at all. So there's probably something else going on...

Try "muting" the clip. Press Y to disable it. See if that makes a difference. Also make sure you don't have any opacity settings turned on.
 
Hi Essami, thanks for the quick reply.

The audio is muted and I have not modified the clips in any way. Just loading them onto the timeline and positioning them. As the amount of clips added onto new layers increases, the performance decreases by delays and pauses when playing back.

It takes like 10-30 seconds for it to play when I hit the play button now that I am up to the 39th layer.

About half of the footage is 4K also but the track outputs are off with only one layer track output on at any time.

Can there be any other reasons as to why this is happening?
 
Back
Top