P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

newtodvx100a

Well-known member
Any one know why when using this filter it wrecks the motion? I have tried it several times with same reslult. Makes the motion choppy even after render.
 
Re: P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

Give more details....are you editing on a 24fps timeline? What filter are you using...?
 
Re: P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

I believe that it has to do with the temporal smoothing variable. Try adjusting it out. I have had a similar problem with what your talking about. I recall making a change to the temporal smoothing as well as some other setting all at the same time. So I cannot guarantee that the temporal smothing did the trick. I do know that if you use too much temporal smoothing you'll get a flickering effect. This filter seems to work well on static shots. Pans will result in strobing especially if the contents of the shot change drastically.

Jeremy
 
Re: P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

Additional info. It is 24pa on the 23.975 timeline. It seems to slow the motion, audio is ok. I shot it under exposed and this filter pulled it out better then any other. I will try the other stuff when I get home, thanks for the help.
 
Re: P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

Did you make sure to render the footage? The playback is quite rough on many systems until you render.
 
Re: P.P. 1.5 Shadow/Highlight motion problem

Must be some difference between render work area and final output. It looks ok after final output.
 
Back
Top