Oscar consideration?

Academy rules state that a film must be made:
by means of 16mm, 35mm or 70mm film or in a 24- or 48-frame progressive scan digital format (minimum native resolution 1280 by 1024 pixels, with pixel bit depth, color primaries, and image and sound file formats suitable for exhibition in commercial Digital Cinema sites).

​
Wouldn't that mean DVX footage would be ineligable?
 
Last edited:
Yep, both Iraq in Fragments and Jesus Camp, as well as the previous Murder Ball - all shot on DVX, and all professionally up-rezzed, which I think would be the key.
 
Thanks a ton guys; while I doubt I'd get that far as my doc is about a frivolous topic (though then again, When We Were Kings won in years past), I was curious because it looks like it may be getting a theatrical release towards the end of the year ...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top