Natural Gradient

alwayslearning

Well-known member
Holding your thumb and forefinger at right angles to each other and pointing one at the sun, the other will be pointing towards the polarized portion of the sky on a sunny day. I wanted to capture a shot where part of the polarized and less polarized portion of sky was fairly equally divided. Being the sky, I wanted a bird in there. I like seagulls because they are mostly white and they don't flap their wings much so they make a good bird subject. Problem was, capturing one not only in the frame but in the frame/sky where I wanted it to be. After a LOT of shots, I wanted to just click and drag a bird where I wanted it but remembered it was real life, not photoshop. :)

Patience paid off though .... I got the bird and gradient in the sky that I wanted ...

1227033939.jpg


Larry
 
Ha....Did a lot of people passing by stop, look up and scratch their heads:) Nice to see patience pay out, good shot.
 
Heh ... I don't know if anyone looked. I was on my back on a picnic table at East Harbor State Park at Lake Erie looking through the view finder. I probably took at least 25-30 shots to get this. Probably doesn't look like much, but like I said, there was a specific portion of the sky I wanted the bird in. :)

Thanks,
Larry
 
Back
Top