Looking for some assistance

Domino Harvey

Active member
Ive got up to about 2 months to complete a movie script. The genres action. Got to be shot be January 1st to start Post Production. Shooting is likely to take place between October and December in the UK. So alot of pain with the weather. The film will be entered for The Cannes Anniversary in 2007. The movie is being shot on a very low budget so everything has to go right first time. Right now the budget is unknown but I am very confident I will be able to pay someone for the assistance of writing the script.

The basic concept is around fast transport. The opening sequence is something that is meant to grab you within the first 90 seconds and not let go till the very end. I have a plot and some very detailed thoughts and feeligns for the characters. But getting it down on a script and trying to make drafts is very hard. So I was wondering If anyone would like to help in writing. Im not asking for charity. At some point when I find out what the budget Is. Theres bount to be some form of benifit.

If anyones interested please private message me or you can reach me on instant messenger.

Thanks for reading,
Kieran
 
A good script takes 2-3 months to complete first draft. You then need to polish
that draft, another 2 months. You then need to rewrite the script by chopping off
that doesn't work, removing characters that you realize you don't need.
Another 2 months.

"Sixth Sense" was 8 rewrites. "Die Hard" had over 10 writers rewriting that
script, they had gone through so many rewrites, they ran out of colors (each draft has
a color assigned to it).

What I am saying, no way will a script written in 2 months be a great script. Not
enough time. You've placed yourself in a bad situation.

Charli
 
FYI, you don't accept your film into Cannes, Cannes accepts you. How about biting off a smaller piece of the pie? Maybe work on a short for Horror Fest.
 
Remember Bill Martell and his *two weeks* to write material.

It can be done - but it helps if you have lots of time to re-write.

EJ
 
I totally agree with Charli and Brody but there have been exceptions. Some really wonderful movies have been written in two months or less. Hardly anybody will admit to it though. And I don't think aiming for prestigious festivals is so bad, just don't be surprised when they turn you down.
 
Back
Top