letus Achro question- use macro lens?

MagicCat

HI All

I have a Letus Economy that I use for my HVX200. The stock Achromatic lens on it provides tons of soft edging, AND, by the time I zoom into the GG, I lose another 2 stops of light simply from the zoom factor.

The Achromatic lens is not easily replaceable, not only that, it will not fix the light loss due to the zoom ratio needed to fill my screen. Soooo, before I drop another 50 bucks on what could be a stupid test, I have a question....

I had thought about buying a Macro/Closeup lens assortment kit, to throw in between my HVX and Letus adapter. I know it probably will not fix the softening, but I thought it may magnify the GG, so I don't have to zoom in so far. The kits come with 4 lens's. a 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x. If you stack em, you can see a fly's eye.

I also do not know if all this extra glass/extended length between the camera and adapter, will effect my back focus or not.

Any suggestions here would be greedily accepted. It produces totally unacceptable images the way it is. I don't know if there is a better Achromatic lens for this or what? It is Glued in on the Economy, so some amount of surgery would be required. I am not immune to modifying this, as long as I don't have to break out the "Rocket Science for Dummies" book to do it. I can just sell it and for a few hundred more, get a T2i that will smoke it. I just dont want to spend that kind of money if I can get an acceptable image from the 1000 dollar letus I already invested in when it came out.

(boy, I wish I would have waited another month and got the extreme, I was told there was no difference between them. That was a slightly loaded answer, the Extreme can be upgraded, the Economy is an "As Is" adapter. IMHO, what a waste!... live and learn I guess)

I have crabbed about this in the past, I promise not to crab again. No sense crying over mushy pixels any more.

Mucho Gratis!!

I also saw there are people toying with 70mm adapters. Now THAT is a novel approach. I have heard the GG is about the size of a Biz Card instead of a smaller Computer CPU. Now that is cooking with gas man!!

Glass would probably cost a fortune though..... Ya gotta pay if you wanna play, so the saying goes I guess.

Back