Help with audio dropout please

Mino

Northern Dreamer
This is new to me. I have two hours of footage taken while a guy was giving a speach. Something went wrong, dirty heads I figure, and the audio drops out and is replaced by this terrible racket. It happened about three time during the shoot, and each time lasted anywhere fron 5 to 15 seconds. I can creatively edit this ba footage out, but when I do, I totally loose audio sync. So I slide the audio track back into sync, but a couple of minutes later it drifts out again. Why would this happen? As it is right now my only option seems to be to fade the bad audio out during the clogged head moments which still leaves the funky chicken garbled video up on screen.....Can anyone help me edit the crap out and retain audio sync?
 
You did check if audio and video are still linked? Are there no bad frames left in the timeline? Did you try and capture the good parts seperately or all in one take?
 
Have you tried unlinking the audio and the video track while they are in synch then razoring and deleting the dud sections out of the audio ? This should maintain your synch.

Seems like you will need to lose the video for that section as well unless you can get creative and introduce a bit of a narration over that section explaining what the guy is saying.
 
Back
Top