HELP!!! ...I Lost My Letus Extreme Thumb Screw

TheThe

Okay, this is not a joke. I Lost My Letus Extreme Thumb Screw that attaches the unit to the support bracket. But the thing is that I am in Mexico, about to start a shoot, and ordering one from Letus direct comes close to 90 dollars with international shipping (for just a damn screw!!! :angry: ) AND would take for ever to get here. I was wondering if anyone knows what I can use as a replacement for this. What would be the thread size, etc? I have to solve this ASAP.

P.S. In case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, this is what I need to replace:
https://www.letusdirect.com/cart/letus-thumb-screw.html

Do you have a hardware store near you? That's what I always did when I lost something; I would take it with me to the hardware store and try things until I found something that worked.

Good luck!

That's a good idea. I guess I just wanted to know if anyone knew the correct thread size. The last thing I want to do is to get the wrong size screw stuck in there.

just take the bracket with you into the hardware store, they should hopefully have an isle for screws where you can grab them one by one and try screwing them in until you find the right size.

i recently made a mount for a portable t.v. out of parts from a hardware store, some quarter inch bolts with some washers and wing nuts and a piece of flat iron to extend it out from my shoulder mount.

you might want to try a bolt with a wing nut and a washer to tighten it in place, good luck!

Back