Good iso 1600 from a P&S!

rawfa

Veteran
Ok, so here are some quick self portrait shots I've just taken. They were all shot at iso 1600 with the Panasonic LX3's "dynamic bw" preset. The photos are straight out of the camera. I think these results pretty amazing for a point and shoot.

BW+Self+Portrait+3+BLOG.jpg


Larger version: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YZsPZHOyl...1SN3yxIjM/s1600-h/BW+Self+Portrait+3+BLOG.jpg

BW+Self+Portrait+2+BLOG.jpg


Larger version: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YZsPZHOyl...TOurBw0D8/s1600-h/BW+Self+Portrait+2+BLOG.jpg

BW+Self+Portrait+1+BLOG.jpg


Larger version: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YZsPZHOyl...uwJhZW0Cc/s1600-h/BW+Self+Portrait+1+BLOG.jpg
 
Not bad. Being scaled to web size and B&W helps a ton. It would be more telling to see a color image. Still, not bad for a P&S
 
This last year I've tested a ton of point and shoot cameras and it's REALLY hard to find one that can do decent iso 400. The fact that the LX3 can do iso 1600 is really amazing. Of course I wouldn't dream of printing a full size 10megapixel version shot at iso 1600, but you can easily make a pretty decent A4 print. I'm really loving this little camera. It has a very fast and sharp 24mm f2.0 lens that lets you have DOF with its small sensor. It also has a bunch of cool color and bw presets. For anyone looking for some serious quality from a point and shoot I think this is some of the best you can get.
 
Nice stuff. I know a few people who have been shooting casual stuff with the Panasonic P&S's and they swear by them. I agree that it's good quality by P&S standards but b/c of my previous experience with them I guess I was not surprised.
 
Back
Top