Free Eval Version of Renderman for Maya

thanks. it is cool what does trial mean? is it avaible for 30 days, or some functions are off, or the big read cross?
 
surf said:
how does it comperable with mentalRay?

Well, Renderman is conisdered the de facto renederer in the industry, so it's supposed to be at the top of the pile. Pretty much every major facility uses it for ultra high-end stuff.

When I get some time, I'm going to post some comparsion renderings between Renderman and mental ray.
 
So how do you make alphas when rendering them

So how do you make alphas when rendering them

How do export you rendered alphas Im new to using Mental Ray and is Renderman similar to Mental Ray:huh:
 
highend3d.com has some good Maya/mental ray stuff...there are also a few other sites out there with good info/tutorials on mental ray.

I've sinced switched to C4D, but I still love mental ray...I'm thinking I can develop a workflow that incorporates it but I'm waiting to see what VRAY for C4D will be like first.
 
Digital-tutors.com has specific tutorials using Maya and Renderman. The stuff at their site is excellent and well worth the price.
 
Renderman is amazing, the only rendering specs that come close is Mantra. but at this point I still perfer renderman, it's interface is node based so its like comping.

digital tutors renderman is for an older version and you'll find it isn't much help anymore
 
Back
Top