DVX footage for internet streaming

SPZ

Veteran
I'm gattering news footage in a foreign country. I need to stream this footage for a tv station to download it. I use FCP in a Powerbook. What is the best setting/compression for a quick stream? (I can go for 2 hours download for a 2 min clip- 500 MB max).

The tv station is new to internet streaming, and doesn't have any particular standard. They asked me to send raw avi (!) files, and said it would take too long. I know a nice variable 2 pass 6 to 7 mbits mpeg2 will be half the size of a Avi and look almost has good- and a lot faster... Any better suggestion? Thanks in advance.

( I posted this in another site, but got no concrete help- thanks again)

SPZ
 
do you want to do http 'progressive' download or true rtsp streaming that requires a streaming server.

i use quicktime and compress for 'fast start' so it plays as it downloads (versus downloading the whoile file then play). i do 2-pass using QT6 using sorenson 3 pro codec. QT7 is now out and support H264 but install base is small right now but this IS the way to compress. depends on your audience reqs.......
 
Back
Top