Larry Rutledge
Fest Master
I recently went to a lecture by Richard Broadhurst, a nationally produced playwright and screenwriter. He gave a good tip for improving dialog.
He said, after you have completed a draft of the screenplay go back through and everytime someone asks a question, see if you can change it to a statement. He said this will speed up the pace and flow of your screenplay considerably. I tried it on a few sample pages and it really made a difference.
Feel free to take or ignore this tip at your discretion,
Larry
He said, after you have completed a draft of the screenplay go back through and everytime someone asks a question, see if you can change it to a statement. He said this will speed up the pace and flow of your screenplay considerably. I tried it on a few sample pages and it really made a difference.
Feel free to take or ignore this tip at your discretion,
Larry