Cutting HVX (dvcpro) with HD101 (hdv)?

tmnt

King of Australia
I'm going to be shooting 720 24p with both cams (and a 35mm adaptor on HVX) and was wondering if there was anything special I need to be aware of here or can I just start a DVCpro edit as normal then import the JVX hd101 footage and Edius will do the rest?

Sorry, I don't really know anything about the HD101 so any advice on camera settinge etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
 
Yes Edius would do the rest. Fire up your project, and drag and drop your clips in. Edius doesn't care if it's HD, SD, PAL, NTSC, HDV, DVCPRO-HD, anything -- you can freely mix and match all of them right on the timeline.
 
ha ha, thanks guys. I won't have time to do the short with the hvx/jvc now but I might be shooting a low budget flick next year with them. I've just wasted valuable testing time. :(
 
Hello tmnt, I have the JVC HD101 as well as an HVX202, I would suggest you capture your footage from the JVC in the HQ codec and then drop that on a DVCPRO-HD timeline (I shoot in 720P with my HVX so the two compliment each other). Previously I've edited a 3 hour project with Edius using footage shot on the JVC and found the HQ codec to be fantastic (E6600 core 2 duo machine). My next project will contain a combination of the two (about 50/50), from what I have seen once you have Edius Broadcast editing DVC-Pro HD is just as smooth as the HQ codec.

JP
 
Yes, editing DVCProHD natively is painless, even with multiple streams provided your storage subsystem is up to it. I don't bother converting to Canopus HQ.
 
Back
Top