Can they be very cheap external monitor ?

ndquan

Hi there, I am newbie.
I have spent more than 1 month to complete my DIY 35mm adapter for my Sanyo Xacti VPC-FH1. The reason why it took me so long time was that I am in Korea, where I am a foreigner. Moreover, Korea market seems to be full of domestic products but it is not easy to find something interesting for DIY stuffs at all.

Anyway, let's return to what we are concerning here.

I have tried several ways to flip the image of the 35mm adapter. However, nothing makes me pleased. I bought a "straight" binocular to get the roof prism but it was too small for the adapter. I also tried using a mirror to get the flipped view of the camcorder LCD monitor , but it is not convenient at all.

Then I think of using an external LCD monitor.

I searched many shops in Seoul and also on the internet shopping (anything in Korea, in fact, can be found on Naver Shopping or Danawa).

Although they have very ideal size of from 3 to 4.3 inches, either portable media players (PMP) or portable tivi (DMB) sold in Korea DOES NOT has a function for video input.

Only portable DVD Players seem to be the candidate for an external monitor. But it is expensive and too big in my opinion. I am not satisfied with this because I do not need that big and also I do not need the function as a DVD player. This is the cheapest that I can find in Korea :

http://shopping.naver.com/go.nhn?nv_mid=5618298431&mall_id=auction&mall_pid=A540297892&cat_id=00020405&refer=search&type=search&opt=010201&ctype=1&link_type=cpc_1&v=VSm9nqfCn6L0UMHliTr1QeSGLIczk1cQJ6zdFn9wIl718AhKeRu2Eau35fnV9GVxpOTR0J92JsBYIjxNiZz7cw%3D%3D&arg0=%B4%BA%B7%B1%C0%CF%B7%BA+%B4%BA%B7%B1%C0%CF%B7%BA+GP-70M+%C8%DE%B4%EB%BF%EB+%C4%DA%B5%E5%C7%C1%B8%AE+%2F++7%C0%CE%C4%A1L&w=lqoQWWCWK0%2Fygq0dM3QHmB4tGHhKkMPUnUNeMopB3Y8%2F8woo%2FfzLlphiTXf%2FzN42JAjcERRQgWKK8i3uQFGiqxAKQEl6q1Y19nxKFX2xyGgH8i0F%2BwqIgFOs9ZKLudtwurTNVgjBstQyjagNHOjtQZcMv7jfjpE1wqBqlngFpxJ6tlZwS2yVcMQyA0vUCU0N1q3vbe9FWd1ZpXV0WxmXI2NpI8Jpq5EQZjfR149hoHvAbMRmorqAyZY1OCZRsi4s3ljM8YSJXmHkNnrHRKis6h02ZzFg6rt6%2FilDrnno13l%2FvOWmsYa%2Bg%2BNgNH9itB5WlVdgm32iUfyoVE7z%2FduFK3BPTlWg2gx0bgfdPMdX8zemw%2BXnWEHVknSMPeclsBgKr5AVQM5pUvVMcO%2BQPIKjP4JfI4h58ZEEIFuk%2FR0FLJu6fBsf8N1w%2FRt3p49jZry1uLzt6KVHWagJE3W5tXXUqj%2BmMx2IPPVDr7f46g3gn4vEv9G7t734cu3GYWoUbbAI

So I turned to search on Ebay and I found so many portable players with AV signal In-Out like the followings :

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=AV+in/out&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The price is just around 40-60 USD for these kind of made-in-China products.

But I am not sure it can be good . I cannot go to their shops to test. I am also afraid of purchasing something from International Ebay due to many reasons ... that you also may know what I mean.

So is there anyone who has tried this way ?

I think it can be a very good choice for all the 35mm-adapter-men like us. What do you think of this ?

Last edited:
Forget about the JXD monitors/mp5 players. The one's that have AV in/out work, but the display can not be adjusted by any means while monitoring the singla from the camera. So the image is totaly greenish and stuff...

Thank you very much for your information. So now I can forget this to think of the portable DVD Player.

I've seen a lot of people use portable dvd players aswell. It might work, not giving the best results though. I don't know if you have seen this one, the price is ok for the thing you get.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ProAm-7-On-Came...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519401094b

Thank you for the two above recommendation. Yes, they really meet my expectation. But the shipping fee is so much. I think a portable DVD Player is the best candidate due to the price and convenience for me.

Anyway, I appreciate your information.

Back