Blender export to After Effects?

This is a really noob question (should match up with my skill level) but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to export something from Blender to use as 3D in After Effects. Any help?
 
Just render it out with an alpha channel.

AE can't use actual 3d models incase that's what you were trying to do.
 
I dont want to export an animation sequence...I just want to export a 3D model...Not possible to use that in 3D form in AE I guess....Does that mean I would have to somehow model the model to move exactly right inside the 3D app, and then transfer it into AE and hope it matches up? Confusing...
 
You're probably going to want to work in the opposite direction.

Take your video footage into Blender. Use it as a background, image
sequence, image plane, ie whatever it is that they support as reference
footage.
 
There is a way. I'm still researching it myself, but I know you can transfer camera data from one program to the other. Thus a 3d zoom can easily be made to match in after effects.
 
Back
Top