Anamorphic musings

DanielG

Member
I have looked all over the web but I haven't found an answer to this yet. I would like to shoot a short and submit it to festivals. I thought about doing a film finish, but I don't think I will have the cash to do that. I want to get the best picture that I can. I think the anamorphic lens from Panasonic will do that for me.

I can pull the picture into FCP and edit just fine. What I don't know is what will look good when it is projected. I have been thinking about shooting in color and then desaturating the footage in FCP. I'm concerned about a look of overall softness in the picture after it is blown up on the screen. Black and white pictures in soft focus have a certain quality, and convey certain things depending on the context of the viewer.

Has anyone tried any of this stuff, i.e., black and white desaturation in FCP of anamorphic images?

Thanks, Dan
 
Back
Top