craigbowman
Veteran
Under Windows, Acrobat 7 and Reader 7 will no longer play the SWFs embedded or linked to PDF documents when Flash Player 8 is installed. A "buffering" status is reported and Acrobat 7 goes into an infinite loop. This is not an issue with Acrobat 6 or Reader 6.
Since its the Flash.mpp plug-in for Acrobat that communicates between the Flash Player and the PDF embedded or linked SWFs I tried swapping out the 96kb Flash.mpp Acrobat 7 plug-in for the 77kb Flash.mpp plug-in that comes with Reader 6 and Acrobat 6 and it FIXED THE PROBLEM.
I'm not sure what was added in the Acrobat 7 Flash.mpp plug-in that makes it larger and incompatible with Flash Player 8 on Windows but hopefully Macromedia and Adobe developers can sort it out.
Since its the Flash.mpp plug-in for Acrobat that communicates between the Flash Player and the PDF embedded or linked SWFs I tried swapping out the 96kb Flash.mpp Acrobat 7 plug-in for the 77kb Flash.mpp plug-in that comes with Reader 6 and Acrobat 6 and it FIXED THE PROBLEM.
I'm not sure what was added in the Acrobat 7 Flash.mpp plug-in that makes it larger and incompatible with Flash Player 8 on Windows but hopefully Macromedia and Adobe developers can sort it out.