5D Morning Light 8000ft elevation Maui

kprince

Well-known member
Spent the night at the top of the mountain just to wake up to cold rain. Temp can reach low 30's atop Haleakala, actually snowed for the first time in ten years the other day. This image is the result of coming home that morning. At the 8000ft elevation mark the sun finally came out. Those are actually clouds in the upper left frame. The drift right through you. You can actually feel the moisture as they pass you by. Enjoy....More later just got the Tokina 17mm prime today. I'm outta here...

HaleakalaMorning.jpg
 
Man you're really living the life aren't you? That would be an awesome view to wake up to. I love the visuals you build up with your descriptions. That and the pictures together create something very rich.
 
Noct said:
Man you're really living the life aren't you? That would be an awesome view to wake up to.

I actually wake up to kids downstairs yelling in the yard. It's all good though, it's a pretty good life nowadays. Now that I'm all grown up and no longer care about trendy depression.
Hey, what ever happened to you and D?
 
oh man I was just in Maui (just being a couple weeks ago). Took like 1400 pictures! I could not get to the top of Haleakela in time to see the sunrise as there is no way I could get my 10 mo old into a car at 3 am.

some pics (nowhere near your quality-- but I had a fantastic time):

click
 
Nice pics rocket. Did you guys go to the bamboo forest just after that hairpin turn? If not you should next time. I love it there, the sounds of 1000's of 100ft bamboo stalks blowing and clacking in the wind.
 
Back
Top