Recent content by wilka26

  1. W

    No FireWire Port or PCI Slot on Laptop

    Hi all, I just recently bought a new laptop and it does not have any FireWire ports on it. Neither does it have any PCI slots for me to put a FireWire card into. Now I shoot with the CanonHV20 and it only transfers video via FireWire. How do I get my footage onto my computer? I've been...
  2. W

    Purchasing a 35mm adapter for my HV20

    I know there are a lot of threads out there talking about all kinds of 35mm adapters, but I figured it would just be best to put all my questions into once place. I'm looking to get a 35mm adapter for my HV20 and am wondering what the best one would be from people who have tried different...
  3. W

    Best Editing Program for HV20?

    I was just wondering what people thought was the best editing software to use when working with the HV20. I currently use Vegas but I remember having to deal with the fact that it doesn't capture the footage in true 24p mode and I had to end up rendering my video at 30fps so the frames wouldn't...
  4. W

    Bad rendered image. Need Help!

    I am trying to render my movie so I can put it on a DVD, but whenever there is a lot of fast action the image doesn't look too great. It looks just fine in the my vegas preview window, but the rendered picture doesn't. I shot the film with a Canon HV20 and the clips are imported as .m2t's Image...
  5. W

    HD 24p on miniDV tape

    What is the difference between shooting HD 24p on an HDV tape than a regular miniDV tape?
  6. W

    Computer crashes while trying to render

    Hi, I have a video project and for some reason my computer keeps crashing whenever I try to render out my project (which is 56 minutes). I've rendered it out in the past (when it was at different stages of post-production) and it was fine. Now when I put the VFX shots in it seems to always be...
  7. W

    Converting to .m2t?

    Hey, I need to find a way to convert to .m2t? ideas?
  8. W

    Smashing a Broken TV

    Hey, I have a scene in my film where I want a character to smash a TV screen with a metal baseball bat. The TV itself does not work. Is there any safety issues I should be aware of (basically, is it going to explode or anything)?
  9. W

    Turning a stereo track to mono

    I am filming with an external microphone (which records in mono) but Vegas captures it in stereo. So right now I only have sound coming out of my left speaker. Can I change the track in Vegas to mono in any other way than just rendering my stereo track out as mono and replacing it?
  10. W

    MAJOR Capturing Issue

    Hey, I'm running Vegas 7.0 and just about every other clip I capture it either freezes or says it's still capturing when it isn't (but I can't stop it). Has anyone else had this problem and/or someone have some suggestions/answers?
  11. W

    Exposure settings?

    Hey, how do you work the exposure settings on this camera? I can't seem to figure it out.
  12. W

    Making fake marijuana

    I am getting ready to shoot my film and in it I have a character that is a marijuana dealer. I was wondering if anyone knew what was best to use for make marijuana. And if people could please refrain themselves from the obvious sarcastic jokes that would be nice too.
Back
Top