Recent content by wawacoffee1

  1. W

    Log and Capture Workflow

    I bought a new external harddrive- WD Mybook 400gb but for some reason final cut pro or perhaps the 'mybook' is not able to log and capture. It seems to stall out and a message' allocating disk space appears.' My Maxtor harddrive still is able to log and capture though its full of logged...
  2. W

    external hard drive

    how do you export your film onto an external hard drive for editing o the road?
  3. W

    A couple shorts on Youtube

    Heres a couple of shorts I put on Youtube. One of them is super8 the other is DVX, obviously you'll know which is which. I like the super8 one, the DVX was kind of a mess around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnTdrRPRZU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLMoqYgcEU
  4. W

    removing shadows of camera crew

    I caught a really good moment when the camera was rolling before the take cept the shadows of the crew are in the shot. I thought of just croping the sides of the image where the shadows are moving most because it is a low lit scene anyways, but was wondering if there was any cooler ways to go...
  5. W

    what happens if you get it wet?

    yea, i spilled some soda on the top part of my camera, it could have leaked inside, i hope not. when i opened the display though I saw some got in there. So, I haven't turned it on yet and im gonna leave it under the fan for a while. should be okay right?
  6. W

    Another timecode question

    I know now that the rec search' button is the key to avoiding timecode breaks but I already have a tape full of them. When I try to log and capture I use the capture now' button in FCP. Yeah but it still has problems capturing and sometimes the audio is capured out of sync. Would it be best to...
  7. W

    shooting in a moving car

    apart from turning on the OIS, how would you reduce the jerkiness from shooting within a moving vehicle? some kind of brace?
  8. W

    how useful are contrast filters

    schneider made a new filter for digital video called "digicon". Its supposed to give the picture a greater dynamic range. I was wondering whether it would be useful on the DVX
  9. W

    budget lighting for car interiors

    Im trying to get enough exposure on my characters faces without overexposing the outside too much. I've read about Gyoury wands but its over $2000 for a kit at b&H. Any suggestions would be appreciated
  10. W

    Schneider Digicon?

    Has anyone used or seen footage from using the schneider digicon filter? "DigiCon characteristics : Raises black levels while lowering highlights. Combined with in camera gamma settings and/or post production, a higher dynamic range can be recorded. The result is more detail in highlight and...
Back
Top