Recent content by magicant

  1. M

    Ninja 2 stops recording with Sony PMW-EX1r

    *Problem: Ninja 2 stops recording on it's own or will jitter/break file or stop when slight panning of camera. Camera: Sony PMW-EX1R. Not used very often. Have been using external monitor with no problems so HDMI port should be fine. Recorder: Atomos Ninja 2 with latest firmware Media: (2)...
  2. M

    Low Cost external recorder for EX1R (for redundancy)

    Is there any relatively low cost way of hooking up an external recorder to the EX1R for redundancy recording? I'm not looking for better quiality. I'm currently recording with SDHC cards using an adapater as I haven't wanted to spend the large expense for sxs cards yet. But as I am always...
  3. M

    Best settings or method for recording laptop screen

    I am looking to use the Sony EX1R to record the video from a laptop screen. I know about computer video capture software, etc. but cannot use that. So I'm looking for the best settings to record the screen of a laptop. I tried a few things quickly and this is what I found. Laptop refresh...
  4. M

    Static noise with external mic

    I have a Sony EX1R and a Rode NT4 external stereo mic with a shock mount, mounted to the camera. I haven't had the camera long and at first the sound seemed fine. I just filmed a party and some of the video has a static noise in the background. It seems louder in one channel. I just plugged...
  5. M

    After Effects and Premiere Pro settings

    Sorry if this has been answered before but I did some searching and could not find a definite answer. I have the Sony EX1R and Adobe CS5 Production Premium. I will be recording in 1920/24P as I want to keep my original clips in HD. But for now I will be exporting to standard widescreen DVD's...
  6. M

    First prosumer camera - thinking of Sony EX PMW-EX3

    Hello to everyone. I am new to this forum but hope to become a regular. I'm finally deciding to get a prosumer camera. Not looking for a DSLR. My intended use: Currently just as a hobby to learn film making, shoot some trailers or short films, actions scenes, practice special effects, etc...
Back
Top